Thursday, February 21, 2013

Kitchen Sink Cookies

 This is going to be one simple post, because I am doing so much this week and the next few don't look to be any simpler. This is a good thing, lots of great things happening, just need to learn how to deal and it will be better before I know it.

 Anyway these are the cookies I made with Pork Chops little friends.  He had these two little sisters over for a play date and we made cookies.  I just made basic chocolate chip cookie dough and they got to put in whatever they wanted.

So here they are, I used this recipe.  And I put out a whole bunch of stuff, they just focused on eating all the rolos and using the heart sprinkles.  Technically this is a kitchen sink cookie, but they just put in those two things.

 One of them asked if my mixer was a kitchen aid and when I told her yes, she told me "that's a good brand. She is 9 I think.  And the younger one ate more cookie dough than she baked, she kept licking her finger and rolling her cookies so hers are the ones up top, all puffy because the dough was worked too much.  She handed me the bowl with some dough still in it, and said I could eat it.  Keep in mind her hand was in her mouth as much as in the dough, so I said thanks and scooped the rest out onto her tray.

It was fun and a nice way to get them into something they may not know about.  Pork chop sulked on the sofa because he wanted to crack the first egg and I said guests first.  I cannot win.
Not too bad, and they went home with the girls, so no need to eat them all and feel badly.

3 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You're such a fun playdate mom! I tell them to go away and read blogs, lol. ;)

Katrina said...

I should do that--just get out all my opened bags of candy/baking goods and let the boys help me decide what to put in a cookie.

Mike 'Cookie Man' D. said...

Very interesting name. But I bet they are probably delicious. I made some called Dishpan cookies once. Thanks for sharing!